Mama's Visitors

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Black bean salsa...

     If you read my blog for long you will discover that I am a complete food-addict. I mean really... I love any and all foods... well, except carrots and weird things that should never be called food. Now, I have two sisters who are the exact opposite.  Not kidding... one sister told me that she gets tired of chewing and the other told me she gets tired of raising the fork to her mouth.  Lol... I have never understood it and am quite sure I never will.  Given all that... it is rather ironic that one of my favorite snacks comes from one of the above mentioned sisters. 
     About 8 months ago we had a get together at my mom's house and everybody brought something to eat.  My little sister brought the best appetizer ever... one I am amazed I had never previously discovered... black bean salsa.  If you've never had it... you are missing out.  It is the easiest thing to make and you can't really go wrong when you make it.  My sister sent me the recipe and I've made it several times since then... each time changing it up a little.  This is a dip that has basic ingredients and then you can add or take away as you please.  But the best part about it?? It goes with EVERYTHING! I eat it as a dip, on my tacos, in my quesadillas... and the list goes on.  So... if you haven't tried it... you DEFINITELY should!

From my sisters kitchen... to mine... to yours:

BLACK BEAN SALSA

1 can black beans
1 can corn
1 can rotel
1-2 diced tomatoes (sometimes I use canned)
1 med-lg diced onion
diced peppers to taste (I used anaheim peppers in my last batch... they were great)
cilantro to taste (I like a LOT)
juice from 1/2 - 1 lime
pinch each of salt, pepper, garlic, cumin and chili powder

As I said before... this is a little of my own variation.  I throw it all together in a bowl and then test it..  and I usually end up adding a little more lime, pepper and cumin. 

All I can say is... thanks Dee for this one.
It is SO quick and easy to make... I just had to go ahead and whip up a batch today... just for a snack.
And don't worry... I didn't get tired of raising the tostitos to my mouth!! :)



To all those food lovers out there... Happy Snacking!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...